The All-in-One Fertility Clinic is a comprehensive and quick outpatient service that enables assessment of the reproductive function of both the female and male partners at the time of a single outpatient visit(aka One-Stop Fertility Clinic). In about two thirds of cases a diagnosis of the possible cause of subfertility will be made, specialist advice will be offered and appropriate treatments will be recommended without further delay.
A series of tests have to be organised at a specific time before the visit in order to have the results available for discussion with Dr Sharad. Prior to the appointment the female partner will be required to have a hormone blood test. Prior to the appointment the male partner will be required to have a semen analysis.
The All-in-One Fertility Clinic appointment lasts approximately 60 minutes and involves:
- Fertility consultation
- Gynaecological examination
- Transvaginal ultrasound scan of the uterus (womb) and ovaries
- Tubal patency testing (to check whether the Fallopian tubes are blocked or open)*
- Discussion of the results of the female partner's tests
- Discussion of the semen analysis report
- Expert advice on the most appropriate fertility treatment, as necessary